Costa Mesa, CA, United States
Name: Chef Roberto Bignes
Country of Residence: USA
1. Your Restaurant/Business: Il Dolce in Costa Mesa, California, 92627, USA
2. About Your Kitchen: A modern take on traditional Italian.
3. Your Favorite Chef Works Item: The Milan Premium Cotton Chef Coat (ECCW), because it is comfortable and elegant.
4. First Job: An Italian deli and bakery in Miami Beach, Florida, USA.
5. Your Favorite Cookbook: The Silver Spoon – the best-selling book on Italian cooking.
6. Your Awards: 2010 Best Pizza in Orange County from OC Weekly. 2011, 2012 & 2013 Golden Foodie Awards Best Pizza in Orange County, California. Locale magazine Best Restaurant 2013 and many more.
7. Your Cooking Inspiration: The memories of my family when I was a child.
8. Your Specialty Dish: Handmade artisan pizza Napolitana, from the dough to the topping.
9. Favorite Dish To Eat: Fig and prosciutto di Parma pizza.
10. Weirdest Thing You Ever Ate: Sautéed chicken blood.
11. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Dulce de leche.
12. Favorite Drink: Wine.
13. Favorite Wine: Cantine Giacomo Asheri, Barolo, Piedmont, Italy.
14. Who Would You Most Like To Cook For: My family.
15. Who Would You Least Like To Cook For: People who are not interested in taste.
16. Favorite Things To Do When Not Cooking: Having a good time with my family.
17. Your latest project: Developing new recipes and menu.
18. Favorite City and Why: Orange County and Los Angeles in California and Naples in Italy, because they are all important culinary centers.
19. Your Greatest Indulgence: Marron Glaces.
20. Your All Time Best Culinary Tip: Cook pasta 1 minute less than the package instructions and finish cooking in the pan with the sauce.