Southbury, Connecticut, USA
Name: Chef Roshara Sanders
Nationality: African American
Country of Residence: USA
1. Your Restaurant/Business: Unidine Corporation.
2. About Your Kitchen: A health care facility that specializes in feeding around 140 dementia patients in the state of Connecticut.
3. Your Favorite Chef Works Item: I am in love with Chef Works women’s pants. They are comfortable and fit me perfectly; I feel like they are custom made just for me!
4. First Job: My first Job was at 15 years old in a soul food restaurant kitchen as a line cook.
5. Your Favorite Cookbook: Professional Chef 8th Edition by The Culinary Institute of America.
6. Your Awards: 2014 Honoree of the Remy Martin Circle of Centaurs, Iraq Campaign Medal and the Afghanistan Campaign Medal.
7. Your Cooking Inspiration: My cooking Inspiration is my United States Army Battle Buddie I lost a few years ago. She was also a cook and I promised her to be the best chef I could ever be. R.I.P. Brand.
8. Your Speciality Dish: My specialty dish is Chicken Cacciatore. I add a special ingredient to this dish that brings it to an entire different level.
9. Favorite Dish To Eat: I love anything seafood, so I would have to say my favorite dish is Bouillabaisse.
10. Weirdest Thing You Ever Ate: The weirdest thing I have ever eaten was Aligator, but I must say it was amazing!
11. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: I am a simple Vanilla kind of girl, sometimes simplicity goes a long way.
12. Favorite Drink: My favorite drink is Rootbeer.
13. Favorite Wine: Chianti and Riesling Finger Lakes Winery, NY, USA.
14. Who Would You Most Like To Cook For: I would love to cook for the famous American chef, Thomas Keller.
15. Who Would You Least Like To Cook For: Celebrity chef, Paula Dean.
16. Favorite Things To Do When Not Cooking: I am a talented guitar player and I am in love with fishing.
17. Your Latest Project: I am getting involved in the No Kid Hungry organization and I am also in the process of writing a business plan for my own Non-Profit Organization, Food For The Globe
18. Favorite City and Why: Waikiki, Oahu in Hawaii is the most beautiful place I have ever been in my entire life.
19. Your Greatest Indulgence: My greatest Indulgence is Garlic Mashed Potatoes. I can eat them until I pass out!
20. Your All Time Best Culinary Tip: Have fun and COOK FROM YOUR HEART!!!!!!!