Stockbridge, Massachusetts, United States
Name: Chef Brian Alberg
Country of Residence: USA
1. Your Restaurant/Business: The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Massachusetts.
2. About Your Kitchen: A galley kitchen of rogue cooks that care about food and strive to make people happy. Lots of inspiring quotes to keep a positive attitude and hardcore teamwork at all times.
3. Your Favorite Chef Works Item: Cool Vent™ jackets because its hot in the kitchen!
4. First Job: At age 12, I was a go cart instructor for kids at a summer camp.
5. Your Favorite Cookbook: Larousse Gastronomique and Prune by Gabrielle Hamilton – a tie.
6. Your Awards: 2010 Victoria A. Simmons Locavore of the Year Inagural Award and
2012 Boston Lamb JamTop Prize for Best Overall Dish
7. Your Cooking Inspiration: The ingredients I use, much of which come from local farms and food producers in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts.
8. Your Speciality Dish: Mushroom and Sweet Corn Conserve with Smoked Tomato Puree and Gremolada
9. Favorite Dish To Eat: Ramen. In every which way!
10. Weirdest Thing You Ever Ate: A Szechuan Button also known as a “:Buzz” button.
11. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Vanilla…really good vanilla.
12. Favorite Drink: Housemade Celery Soda at 11 Madison Park in New York City.
13. Favorite Wine: Cain Vineyard & Winery’s Cain 5
14. Who Would You Most Like To Cook For: Cool people who really appreciate food and the care that goes into the flavor and presentation.
15. Who Would You Least Like To Cook For: Mean, entitled and demanding people.
16. Favorite Things To Do When Not Cooking: Cook at home, cook for friends, cook over fire. I also like to build tables.
17. Your Latest Project: I am currently building 30 farm tables for the dining room of a new Rustic Brassiere-themed restaurant we are opening in Pittsfield, Massachusetts.
18. Favorite City and Why: New York City! It’s the energy and the buzz of the place. There’s SO MUCH GOOD FOOD and you can get it any time of day. There’s always a another place to go to after last call where you are…right through breakfast, I love it!
19. Your Greatest Indulgence: Eating really, really, really good food that’s been prepared with thought and care and served with amazing and genuine hospitality.
20. Your All Time Best Culinary Tip: Eat out often-call it R&D- and don’t take yourself too seriously when doing so….have fun. Always.