St. Julian’s, Malta
Name: Chef Robert Spiteri
Country of Residence: Malta
1. Your Restaurant/Business: Hotel Radisson Blu, St Julian’s, Malta
2. About Your Kitchen: A very busy and talented pastry kitchen which caters for the hotel and outside catering as well.
3. Your Favorite Chef Works Item: I have a number of Chef Coats – they are durable, stylish and very comfortable to work in.
4. First Job: Commis Chef in a pastry shop.
5. Your Favorite Cookbook: Bachour by Pastry Chef Antonio Bachour.
6. Your Awards: I have won gold and silver medals achieved in various pastry competitons both locally and internationally.
7. Your Cooking Inspiration: My family.
8. Your Specialty Dish: Chocolate Fondant with Sea Salt Caramel Ice Cream.
9. Favorite Dish To Eat: Plain grilled beef.
10. Weirdest Thing You Ever Ate: Donkey cheeks.
11. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Peanut & Caramel Fudge.
12. Favorite Drink: Beer
13. Favorite Wine: A good Chablis
14. Who Would You Most Like To Cook For: My clientele
15. Who Would You Least Like To Cook For: Myself
16. Favorite Things To Do When Not Cooking: Spending quality time with my family and watching football.
17. Your latest project: Taking responsibility of the outside catering pastry section together with the hotel operations.
18. Favorite City and Why: Paris, because of the good restaurants and fabulous patisseries like Pierre Hermé, best-known for his macaroons and Sadaharu Aoki who combines Japanese ingredients into French confections.
19. Your Greatest Indulgence: Bitter chocolate
20. Your All Time Best Culinary Tip: Passion, hard work, determination and dedication.