United Arab Emirates
Name: Chef Essam Nabhan
Country of Residence: UAE
1. Your Restaurant/Business: Metro, an all day dining restaurant serving international buffet. We also have Al Mashrabia, the only local restaurant in a 5star hotel in UAE serving indigenous cuisine.
2. About Your Kitchen: It’s been designed as a modern and spacious kitchen, fully equipped with high-tech facilities with 56 Chefs specialising in different authentic cuisines.
3. Your Favorite Chef Works Item: The Enzyme Utility Pants. They are trendy and comfortable to wear.
4. First Job: An apprenticeship in a kitchen.
5. Your Favorite Cookbook: The Happy Herbivore cookbook by Lyndsay Nixon
6. Your Awards: None to speak of.
7. Your Cooking Inspiration: My mom. I admire her hard work in preparing our home-cooked meals.
8. Your Speciality Dish: Salted crust Sea Bass with purple potatoes and broccoli gratin
9. Favorite Dish To Eat: Fried chicken
10. Weirdest Thing You Ever Ate: A Balut – an aged duck egg
11. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Rum & Raisin
12. Favorite Drink: Green Ice cocktail
13. Favorite Wine: NV Paul Masson Burgundy, California, USA
14. Who Would You Most Like To Cook For: I mostly like to cook for my wife who is from the Philippines.
15. Who Would You Least Like To Cook For: As my cooking is my passion, I always feel happy to serve everyone with my God-given talent.
16. Favorite Things To Do When Not Cooking: Bringing my adrenaline down by watching movies and camping.
17. Your Latest Project: Future renovation of Al Mashrabia restaurant to modify the interiors to a more typical local design.
18. Favorite City and Why: Manila, Philippines. I always feel at home as the people are very accommodating and hospitable. The historic scenery is very interesting.
19. Your Greatest Indulgence: My greatest indulgence is traveling to different countries. I am adventurous and like to explore new things, cultures & places.
20. Your All Time Best Culinary Tip: Cooking is a unique art. Do not be afraid to create & innovate new recipes. Remember the sky is the limit.