Valley Center, California, United States
Name: Chef Jon Palsson
Country of Residence: USA
1. Your Restaurant/Business: Harrah’s Resort Southern California, USA
2. About Your Kitchen: Busy with lots of moving parts, pots and pans.
3. Your Favorite Chef Works Item: The Madrid Premium Chef Coat (ECHR) in 100% Cotton.
4. First Job: A pot washer at Hotel Ork in the village of Hveragerdi, Iceland.
5. Your Favorite Cookbook: Escoffier Le Guide Culinaire, the culinary bible of French cuisine.
6. Your Awards: Custom Culinary Excellence Award in 1997and Executive Chef of the Year for Wyndham International Hotels & Resorts in 2000.
7. Your Cooking Inspiration: My Father, Paul Gudmundsson.
8. Your Specialty Dish: Perfecting the next ‘new thing’ for our menu.
9. Favorite Dish To Eat: Anything we can sit down and enjoy as a family. I have a wife and two teenage daughters, so this can be a challenging task!
10. Weirdest Thing You Ever Ate: I have traveled through Thailand, Korea, Philippines and Iceland. I have eaten many weird things, it’s difficult to pick one.
11. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Salted Caramel.
12. Favorite Drink: Sculpin India Pale Ale by Ballast Point Brewing Company and Swami’s IPA brewed by Pizza Port Solana Beach.
13. Favorite Wine: Chateau Montelena Cabernet Sauvignon.
14. Who Would You Most Like To Cook For: Anyone who enjoys having a good time.
15. Who Would You Least Like To Cook For: We do this for a living, so bring on the challenge!
16. Favorite Things To Do When Not Cooking: Spending time with family, motorcycle riding, camping and traveling.
18. Favorite City and Why: San Francisco for its food culture and because I did my apprenticeship there.
19. Your Greatest Indulgence: Bold question!
20. Your All Time Best Culinary Tip: Stay focused, stay humble.